Sunday, May 28, 2006

Wedding season begins



Doesn't it seem like everyone is getting married in the next six months? It sure does to me. I went to the first wedding in the pack on Saturday and there are quite a few left before the year's end. Tara's wedding was held around Lowell, where she grew up, and was probably much different from the rest I'll be going to. With plastic place settings, crazy groomsmen chugging wine from the bottles and a mounted deer head adorned with a bridal veil, the celebration had a definite laid-back feeling. It was nice to not worry about being prim and proper for a change. And despite a couple aggravations (a no-show best man and a dress malfunction) Tara looked so happy. What kind of a wedding would it be without imperfections, anyway?
I got to see Tara and Sammy's adorable baby, Adriyanna, and hang out with State News friends. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes were out in full force and I'm now itching my first bites of the summer.

No comments: