Friday, May 26, 2006

Home for now


I've been pretty busy, but let me give you a quick update of the last week. My mom, my aunt and I drove to Orlando on Sunday (from Tampa, not Detroit) to see my "baby" brother. He moved there last summer to start motorcycle school and is doing really well despite the somewhat shady neighborhood he lives in. I last saw him at Christmastime, when my family and I helped move him into his new apartment. The studio is now completely Jessefied, if you will, crammed with speakers, guitars, packages of hot fries and ramen noodles and ash trays. We spent the day shopping (actually for Jesse for a change) and walking around Old Town, a touristy area with stores and carnival rides. I hope to see Jess again soon, maybe for his 21st birthday if I can get a cheap flight.
On Monday my aunt and I spent the day with my mom at the store after taking a quick morning walk on the beach. We flew home that night to a considerably colder Detroit.
Since then I've tried to balance getting everything ready for my move with visiting friends and family. Arranging for electric, gas, cable and internet in the new apartment is making me feel grown-up and worried about all the new bills I've got coming.

No comments: