Friday, May 19, 2006

From Switzerland to Michigan to Florida...


I'm in Florida visiting with my mom. We're spending most of the days I'm here at her store because she has to work, which is a little boring, but fine with me. I'm just glad to see her again. There's something about your mom. Some connection you miss when you're separated. Maybe it's that whole womb thing...
It's really hard to believe that a week ago I was still in Geneva. It kind of feels like a dream because everything at home seems exactly the same as I left it. Just a couple degrees warmer. I've really enjoyed catching up with relatives and friends so far, including my 8-month-old cousin Jakob who looks just like the Gerber baby on the food jars. I brought a package of cheese fondue home with me and made it for dinner for my dad and grandma on Tuesday night. Besides the chocolate, that's the one Swiss food I'll miss. My dad was an instant fan.
I unpacked all my bags on Tuesday only to repack again for my trip to Florida. The weather is beautiful here: sunny and warm with a small breeze. My Aunt Arlene and I flew in yesterday morning, my Aunt Sherry picked us up at the airport and we immediately drove to my mom's store. I brought a huge pile of chocolate and other treats from Europe with me, which we've all been enjoying. And this morning my mom and I met with a guy about starting a Web site for her jewelry. I really think it's a great idea for her business, especially since she still has a lot of loyal customers back in Michigan. I'll post the Web address when it's all finished.
I'm going to Orlando on Sunday to see my brother and then it's back to Michigan on Monday night. I'll try to bring a bit of the sun with me. They need it there.

1 comment:

LeahC said...

Hi Kendra!!! Welcome back to the states. It sounds like you had a really amazing time in Europe. You managed to get in so much travelling. That's really awesome. Sounds like you are having fun in Florida.