Monday, June 26, 2006

Weekend at the shore, or rather


just a weekend at the shorehouse, since the crazy amount of rain moving through the area day after day kept us inside most of the time. Even though we didn't set foot on the beach, I really didn't care. I still had a great time in Manasquan with Abbey, Adam and and rest of the shorehouse crew. I drove to Abbey's apartment after work on Friday, my first experience crossing the George Washington Bridge by myself. I've only crossed it twice since I've moved here and I can tell you that I'm definitely not a fan. Not because I'm scared of it buckling under too much weight and dying as my car is crushed underneath the water (although Abbey got me thinking about that by making a point to take the upper level in case that scenario ever comes true). I hate it because of the traffic. It's the one reason that my ride back home on a Sunday evening took an hour longer than expected. So frustrating.
Anyway, from Abbey's apartment, we drove together down to the shore. Followed by lots of beer, lots of laughing and lots of ants (which Abbey and I waged an aggresive war against). Just not a lot of sun.

No comments: