Friday, June 16, 2006

My blog turns one

It's hard to believe that I started writing here just a year ago because so much has happened since. During my first post, I was a fresh MSU graduate, back at home for the summer with my parents. I didn't know it at the time, but it was the last summer my family would spend together in one house. A year later, I'm living hundreds of miles away and working at my first "real" job. And so much more has happened in between. I've:
  • Worked at The Detroit News.
  • Watched my best friend move to New Jersey, my mom move to St. Pete Beach and my brother move to Orlando.
  • Covered a chemical plant explosion and a new "breed" of designer dogs.
  • Interned at Fermilab, in Illinois, and tried my best to learn about the world of particle physics.
  • Watched the MSU football team and the Pistons lose, again.
  • Saw my childhood house put up for sale.
  • Celebrated as my cousin Jakob was born.
  • Learned about neutrinos.
  • Moved to Switzerland for three months for an internship at CERN.
  • Visited Italy, France and the Netherlands.
  • Attempted, and failed, to learn French.
  • Ate a lot of cheese and chocolate.
  • Moved to Long Island and started all over again for the third time in a year.
  • 4 comments:

    Mason Kincaid said...

    Amazing how much can happen in a year isn't it?

    It's just me! said...

    Happy anniversary!

    Carolynne said...

    Happy blog birthday to you! Sounds like you had a pretty great year. =)

    Kendra said...

    I bought all kinds of those "Teach yourself French in 10 days" things, but only completed about the first or second lesson in each. I hope you have better luck!