Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Horned ambition

I was de-cluttering my room today when I came across an "All about me" booklet I made in Kindergarten. Here are some of my answers to a favorite things questionnaire (as translated by 5-year-old me to one of the teacher's aides):
Toy: Barbie dolls
Food: noodles
Place: Greek town with cheese on fire
I want to be: a unicorn
I always laugh when I think about my first job choice. I'm not sure who or what convinced me that it was not only possible to be an animal when I grew up, but a fictional one at that. I guess it speaks for a vivid imagination. It didn't take long before I turned my sights to a more feasible career: ballet. Then teaching, following by writing and then this, whatever this is.
Just thought I'd share.
On another note, only six days until I leave for Switzerland. I've been trying to tie up lots of loose ends lately, which include: filing taxes (still unsuccessful after spending two hours attempting to file online), teaching myself French (I can count up to 10, recite the days of the week and say a couple phrases - lots of room for improvement), read up on European travel, get traveler's checks and a small amount of Euros and Swiss Francs, and, the biggest challenge of all, pack three months of clothes and belongings into two suitcases.

No comments: