Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Down south

I'm sitting in my mom's new store right now, which is called Duet. Half the floor displays my mom's jewelry, dresses and other pretty things, the other half is filled with my dad's music stuff. Thus the store's name. This place is huge. Only a third of the total area is retail space, the rest is storage, an office, a bathroom and lots of room to expand. It's in St. Pete Beach on an artsy-type street, across from an old-fashioned movie theater. Very cute.
This is my last day here. My dad and I fly back to Michigan later today. For the first time since I started coming here at the age of two to visit my aunt, my mom won't be on the flight back home with us. It's strange to think that she lives here now and I really don't know when I'll see her next. But she's happy and I know my dad will be, too, as soon as he's able to join her.
(See the photo of them in front of the new store)

No comments: