Monday, November 07, 2005

Ace...kinda

I played on a volleyball team today for the first time since sixth grade. The only thing I really remember about that former stint is the time that Abbey gave a swift kick in the crotch to one of the girl bullies. I don't think she bugged her again. Anyway, I did halfway decent despite my lack of skills. My right index finger is hurting and my arms are starting to bruise, but all in all, it was a good effort. I decided to join a couple weeks ago when my co-worker's husband talked about needing more players for his team, mostly made up of DZero scientists and appropriately called D0h!. We went up against one of the best teams in the league today and actually won one of the three games. Quite a victory for my team, which seems to be used to losing. Unfortunately, games go through April and I'm only here for another month. It should be fun while it lasts.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Throughout the years kicking Renee in the crotch has always been one of our fondest memories of Elementary school....why? I think at that time, even though I was just as crazy then as I am now, it was something no one would have imagined me to do... and unfortunately I think you were the only other person to witness it. I'm glad you're playing volleyball, Kim would be proud. I can't wait to see you at the holidays :) Miss you!