Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I have a job!

My time as an intern has come to an end, almost. After about a year of back-to-back internships, I actually have a job. A full-time, benefits-receiving job that will allow me to stay in one place for longer than three months. I head to Brookhaven National Laboratory on Long Island in June as a science writer for their communications office and the lab’s National Synchrotron Light Source. It was a tough decision, but I think I’ve made the right choice. And one of the added perks of the deal: I’ll once again be within driving distance of my best friend. That makes me really happy.

5 comments:

Abbey said...

Yay!!! I can't wait!!! I miss you lots! It's gonna be so nice having you around again. Make sure you have a couch that I can crash on for the weekends when Adam is pissing me off!

gim said...

oooo congratulations!!! long island?!?! that's where my parents lived after i was born! now i know who to hit up if i'm ever there. congratulations!!!

boney said...

hey congrats kendra, that is sweet. it does feel good to have a real job after all this time huh? i personally wasn't sure it was ever going to come. in fact, i contemplated retiring because i thought that would just be easier

Mason Kincaid said...

Congrats! It'll be great to have you in the area.

LeahC said...

WHEEE!!! Congrats! oooh and you'll be closeish to NYC. I bet it feels awesome to have a real job. We'll have to come and visit you out there when you get all settled in.