Thursday, October 27, 2005

Dress up

I'm going to be the Corpse Bride for Halloween, inspired by the movie. I'm putting the finishing touches on my costume right now. I bought a long white dress at the Good Will for $6. They also had real wedding dresses. Poofy sleeves, long trains and tons of buttons, but they came with a $50 pricetag. As I sifted through them a couple people walked by pointing and cooing. I let them think I was soon-to-be married in one of the early 90s-influenced dresses and even tried one on. Despite its perfectness, I stuck with the thriftier version. It's six sizes too big, but I'm working on sewing the sides in and it should work. My stitching is really ugly, however, I figure that since the corpse bride was buried for a while, a ratty looking dress will just add to the character. I also bought some lace and made a veil. Tomorrow I'll spray everything with fake blood. I'll post pictures later.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Sounds pretty cool. Don't know how it will compete with our kill bill costumes from last year. I don't have anywhere to go for Halloween, so I am not getting dressed up. Are you going to EL? I'm going into the city tonight with Adam and we're staying with Skippy at his hotel in the city... I can't wait!!! Miss you!