Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Randoms

We had our first "real" win in volleyball tonight. Our only other points of the season came when the other team had to forfeit because of a lack of players. This one was the real deal, 25-8. Granted, we lost the other five games. But we were all thrilled anyway. More than a couple squeals came from our side of the court when that last ball dropped.

For Christmas, Abbey's mom made me what is now my favorite blanket. When I was in Michigan, she'd casually asked what color my bedspread is (although I don't know how casually you can actually ask that). I thought it was a little strange but didn't think much of it until Abbey had a roll of a present waiting for me in her apartment last month. Made in the famous Steinhauser "silky" style (named for the smooth satin that lines the edges), the blanket has become my favorite curl-up-and-watch-a-movie buddy.


Two brand-new washers and dryers were put into my apartment complex's basement. Seeming like a major improvement over the old leaky machine, I took a load of clothes down there a couple weeks ago. However, after covering my clothes in detergent, I learned that only one of the washers actually works. And it's the one I didn't give $2 in quarters to.

No comments: