Friday, November 16, 2007

Random happenings

Our volleyball team hasn't won a single game. I believe we're something like 0-18 now. It's getting a little frustrating. OK, a lot frustrating. I'm not asking for much: just one win. Sure, there are some perks to being losers. For one, we never have to put the net away. The rulebook reserves that task for the winning team. And there are no expectations. We never have to worry about being too cocky and losing to the underdogs. The season goes through February, so the way I see it, we're bound to win at least once, if only by sheer chance.

I only have about a month left of classes. This is kind of scary as I still have two papers and two tests to complete, neither of which I've started or studied for.

A couple weeks ago, my American democracy professor told a female student in my class "You don't really think that women have the same mental capacity as men, do you?" As you can imagine, about half of the class went crazy. Um, apparently the decline of ex-Harvard President Lawrence Summers has escaped his mind?

We want to start podcasting at the lab and I've been given the responsibility of researching and editing the pieces. I have no idea what I'm doing yet, but I'm kind of excited about it.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here. And I can't wait to see everyone in Michigan.

No comments: