Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My balcony!



I came home today to find this. I suspected that I might be getting a new balcony when they started popping up on the building next door, and it was confirmed with a handwritten note placed under my door the other day by the apartment manager Lou. (Isn't that just a really stereotypical name for a landlord?) The construction workers put up some of the wooden supports yesterday. And today it was the hole in the wall, the doors and a ton of dust along with them. My apartment is crazy dirty right now. White chalky stuff is covering my couch, my floor, my computer and just about every little space you can imagine. I only vacuumed a small part of my living room since I assume they'll continue to make a mess tomorrow. In the end, having a balcony is definitely worth it. It's a place to sit in the summer, more room to put people during a party (should I actually ever meet enough people to have one), and the most important role for the moment -- a place to put a pumpkin for Halloween. My only question now is how long until they're going to raise the rent?

2 comments:

Abbey said...

YAY!!! It looks so nice! I didn't know it was on that wall, for some reason I thought I was the wall where your AC unit was. It will be nice to have a screen door so you can get a breeze.
Looks good!
BTW-were the pics taken with your new camera??? :)

Mason Kincaid said...

That's pretty cool. I think a grill and a BBQ to celebrate may be in order before too long ;)