Sunday, September 24, 2006

East Lansing on the Hudson



Despite the awful ending to the MSU/Notre Dame game last night, I had a great time watching it. I met Kory, Lauren and Michelle at Blondies, a sports bar that plays a lot of Big Ten games. MSU alumni filled the back room to watch the game, Tennessee fans crowded the front room and a couple Buckeyes fans lingered outside, still excited about their victory earlier that day. I ran into a girl who lived on my floor in Holmes Hall sophomore year, bought an official "I 'Sparty' NY" T-shirt and screamed the fight song every time we scored. Lauren and Michelle morphed into MSU fans for the night, learning a little bit more of the cheers each time around. It was almost like being in the stands, except we didn't have to sit through the rain that fell in the second half. And there still was the familiar swell of shock that quiets the crowd when the gamelong lead is killed in the last few minutes of play.

3 comments:

Carolynne said...

I love the shirts - how cool! Too bad about the game through. We were really bummed.

Ah, the life of a Spartan fan.

Kendra said...

Yes, it is!!

Anonymous said...

How fun!

So random: I might take American Sign Language certification courses from LaGuardia Community College in Long Island City. How close is that to you?