Monday, July 10, 2006

Just thinking

Do you ever wonder what your life would be like if you made just one decision differently? It really doesn't apply until you graduate high school, at least it doesn't for me. I'm not talking about deciding whether to go to class or not to go to class, or to do drugs or not to. I'm talking about the decisions where you have two or more possible options, all of which seem equally appealing. Life is really mapped out for you throughout the early school years. You know that first grade is followed by second. And 11th followed by 12th. You can choose classes and prom dates, but any drastic changes are usually the decisions of your parents, and you follow, because you really have no choice. After that, each decision is actually your own. Think back. What if you had attended a different college? Would you have the same friends or even the same degree? What if you had held out for a different job or settled for another one much earlier? Would you be living where you are now? Would you be in the same city, or state or country? Sometimes I'm grateful for the decisions I've made, because it's hard to imagine life much differently. But what if we could pull a "Choose Your Own Adventure" with our lives. Would you play?

1 comment:

Abbey said...

I'm so glad that we ended up at the same college, especially since both of us had our hearts set on U of M (I still can't believe they wait listed me)... Oh well, I don't think we would have been happy there. I love being a Spartan, and I love that you're an East coaster like me now :)
I think about my past choices too...even like the ones that my parents made for me. Like, what if I never joined Project Promise? I don't think we would have became friends. I'm so happy we did and I'm even more happy that you're so close now!!!
Hope you're having a good week... I bet you can't wait for Florida this weekend!!! You better work on your tan...