Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Random update

I don’t have much to say, but I feel the need to update this once in a while. Otherwise, I fear that no one will know what’s going on in my life. Or maybe just Abbey, since she’s probably the only one who consistently reads this like I constantly checks hers.
So here's the cliffs notes edition, if you will, of the last few days.
Friday: Drove to East Lansing to meet up with Amy, Chris and Kris to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. If you haven't seen it, you should. It fell flat in some areas, but Johnny Depp pulled off a great performance once again, with what I think was a little inspiration from Michael Jackson.
Saturday: Threw a "pool party" at my house, which because of an afternoon of flash floods and gray skies, turned out to be a "sit around and stare at the pool party." It was still a good time. Kris had a couple mojitos, six actually, and it was nice to talk with old friends.
Sunday: Went shopping with my mom, so she could destress from spending so much time lately with my grandma. Yes, sometimes staring at clothes and buying way more than you can afford is the best way to get your mind off of problems.
Monday: Spent my first day reporting downtown. I miss the Oakland bureau. Even though there are what seem like hundreds of people in the main office, it's much more lonely. People don't really talk to me there, besides the editors, who have that task in their job description.
Today: We had a family get together to celebrate my brother's birthday. Inspired by my mojito experiment this weekend, my mom decided to make the drink for the party, finished off quite a few glasses so she could handle talking with my aunt and ended up having to go to my grandma's apartment drunk because of problems she's having keeping in fluids (from the caudal end of the body). Yum.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Caudal end of the body... way to use those medical terms. Anyways, it was nice talking to you yesterday. I can't wait to see you and Amy... one month!