Monday, July 11, 2005

Babies on the way

Two baby showers in one weekend.
The first was for Tara May. I hadn’t seen her since she graduated more than a year ago, so seeing her seven and a half months pregnant was quite a surprise. I can’t believe she’s having a baby. The party was a nice twist on the conventional baby shower. It was in the family’s backyard in Lowell, with hot dogs, beautiful (and illegal) fireworks and the biggest bonfire I’ve ever seen. The kind that makes you worry that the brush will catch fire and engulf the backyard in flames.
My cousin Nikki’s shower on the other hand was the traditional type, which means on the boring side. We played ever-so-exciting games such as baby bingo. And I won the Q-tip guessing contest. There were 818 of them in a glass bowl, which I estimated to be 500.
For that I won a pasta and green bean strainer.

No comments: