Thursday, June 30, 2005

Almost the weekend

I'm glad it's Thursday.
Thursday night is practically Friday morning, which is only hours away from Friday evening, at which point I can officially stop thinking for a couple days.
It's been a busy week at work and today was especially stressful.
I walked in the office to find multiple messages on my voicemail from grumpy old men scolding me for using the word "elected" instead of "appointed" in a recent article. I admit, appointed is the proper word to describe how the board members I was describing were chosen, but I don't think it made the sentence wrong. I used the phrase "elected by the governor." Doesn't that imply that the governor choose the members? I don't think that phrase means that they were chosen through an election, like the men screamed through the phone. Anyway, I hate when people call for picky things like that. It makes me feel like someone is sitting out there with a magnifying glass on my work, just waiting for me to mess up. It's upsetting that most people don't take the time to send a compliment when they like something, but they're more than eager to pounce on you when they don't like it.
But that's not what made it such a stressful day. My introduction to more corporate policies at the paper can be blamed for that. Especially the one about not letting interns have front-page stories when corporate high-ups come to town.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hey, Kendra! It was great to get your comment. Your blogs are so professional...Abbey said they were and I have to agree.

I asked Adam's dad about your word usage (I would have not complained about the way you used it...it made sense to me!) and he said you would have been safe if you had chosen the word "selected" by the governor! File that away for next time!

I don't know how you can write all day and then come home to BLOG on your down time, too! If it wasn't for the summer, I don't think Abbey could have convinced me to give this blog thing a go...it is kinda neat, though. Hope you can get out to the Jersey shore...it is AWESOME! We'll see you at the Michigan game, if not before. Adam's mom