Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!


Christmas in Florida is different, but good. I miss some of my family's traditional holiday events: my dad's annual store party, Christmas Eve at our house, even freezing while opening gifts in the drafty family room. But there's something to be said about the Floridian style of celebrating that my parents have adopted. It's relaxing, in the sit-by-the-pool-and-crack-a-beer way. Plus, it's warm. Of course, we've carried on some of our traditions. Mom and I made a big Italian dinner last night and pizzelles a couple days before that. And as always, our stockings were stuffed by Santa when I woke up this morning. But we've also added a couple new twists: a post-dinner bike ride down to the beach last night and sun tanning by the pool. This is a pretty nice change.


No comments: