Friday, October 05, 2007

The Lifers

Amy and I would have been in stitches had we still worked at The State News when this story was published. At the end of the article, those "eight grown men who never managed to shake the Panchero’s-at-3-a.m. mentality,'" we know them. Actually, we more than know them. As the youngest of the bunch, and therefore the last to graduate, Abbey, Amy, Emily and I woke almost every fall weekend to find them sprawled every which way across our living room. We witnessed rumbles and fights. Late-night Pokey stick feasts and a number of East Lansing signage being pulled from the ground. Yes, the Holden Lifers are some of the best tailgaters I know, and I miss them.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Awww, I miss them too :(
I miss tailgating! Next fall, we're going back one weekend, getting a room at the Marriot on MAC and getting inebriated like old times... at Ricks, when our apartment was only footsteps away.