Sunday, September 23, 2007

4-0


That's MSU's football record so far this season, which, despite playing teams we were expected to beat, is still pretty impressive. A winning season has been rare the past few years, so maybe we're on the up-and-up? I watched Saturday's game against Notre Dame in the city at Blondie's, where the NY alumni club hosts watch parties for every game. I met up with Abbey, Adam, Sarah and Matt, with intentions to tailgate beforehand in Central Park. The weather forecasts looked great all week -- sunny, warm, and just a 2 percent chance of rain. Well, the clouds with that 2 percent must have centered right over us. As soon as we walked off the subway, the skies opened up, and we ran to the nearest corner store for an arsenal of umbrellas and ponchos. Getting soaked in spite of our rain gear, we decided to go to Blondie's early. The good side: as the first Spartans there, we got great seats (the place gets packed right around game time). The bad: This gave us a little too much time to drink beer, which left a pretty hefty tab at the end of the night. My friend Nate, who I haven't seen in at least two years, joined us later on. And the Spartans won, 31-14.

2 comments:

Abbey said...

Awww, Nate... despite the drama later in the evening I still had a good time. Who wouldn't with 15 pitchers of beer?!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Nate? He lives in NYC?

That looks so fun ... I didn't know about that. I should try to make it down sometime. Will you text me or call next time you plan to go?