Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day vaca


It wasn't technically a vacation, but it felt like it. Me, Abbey, Adam, Sarah and Matt decided to spend the long weekend together. We met up in Hoboken after work on Friday, and then took the train to the city to meet up with our friend, Skippy, from Michigan. We ate dinner at a nice Italian restaurant on the upper west side, grabbed a couple drinks at Blondies and then headed downtown to find Skippy and his friends. After a long work week, none of us were sure we could even make it to midnight without falling asleep. Somehow, though, we all perked up and didn't get back to Abbey and Adam's apartment until 5 a.m. the next morning -- a pretty amazing feat if you ask me.

We drove out east on Saturday and spent most of the day at a beach just down the road from my apartment. We checked out another local beach the next day, with the mission to get Sarah and myself some color. I don't think we were too successful in that respect, but it was still a beautiful weekend to just lay out by the water. We all hit up some bars down port on Sunday night and now I'm recovering on my couch from a little too much sun and vodka.

No comments: