Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2006 book list

At the beginning of last year I decided to start a book journal to keep track of what I read during the year. At the time, I set a goal to read 50 titles by 2007. It seemed possible at first, but that was when I lived in Geneva, with few English-language TV stations and a room full of Jehovah Witnesses to avoid at least once a week. I hit 26. Here's the list. If you want my opinion on a specific book, or want to recommend one for this year, let me know.

  • Lolita ~ Vladimir Nabokov
  • Tears of the Moon ~ Nora Roberts
  • Angels and Demons ~ Dan Brown
  • Wicked ~ Gregory Maguire
  • A Million Little Pieces ~ James Frey
  • My Sister's Keeper ~ Jodi Picoult
  • Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason ~ Helen Fielding
  • Invisible Monsters ~ Chuck Palahniuk
  • River, Cross my Heart ~ Breena Clarke
  • The Last Time They Met ~ Anita Shreve
  • The Time Traveler's Wife ~ Audrey Niffenegger
  • Anne of Ingleside ~ L.M. Montgomery
  • A House Somewhere ~ Various authors
  • Night ~ Elie Wiesel
  • Memoirs of a Geisha ~ Arthur Golden
  • Lullaby ~ Chuck Palahniuk
  • Atonement ~ Ian McEwan
  • Basket Case ~ Carl Hiaassen
  • Survivor ~ Chuck Palahniuk
  • Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close ~ Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Glass Castle ~ Jeannette Walls
  • I am Not Myself These Days ~ Josh Kilmer-Purcell
  • Choke ~ Chuck Palahniuk
  • Dispatches from the Edge ~ Anderson Cooper
  • Running with Scissors ~ Augusten Burroughs
  • Dry ~ Augusten Burroughs
  • 2 comments:

    LeahC said...

    great mix of books. i like the idea of putting a goal number on for the year...

    Unknown said...

    Hey Kendra! I really like your blog. I hope we can talk soon.

    I made a similar goal for my 2007 new year's resolution, must say I am already falling behind.

    If you want a few good SHORT books to read, I recommend "The Pleasure of My Company" by Steve Martin, and "Darkness Visible" by William Styron, which I'm reading now. You will finish them quickly.

    --Alison