Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Don't touch that


Look at this picture of the new CERN Control Center and see if you can find someone familiar. Yep, that’s me looking very important (kind of) as I point out something on the monitor. Reality: We needed a new photo of the control room, but it needed to show diversity. i.e. a room full of the guys normally on shift wouldn't cut it. So insert my coworker, Christine, and me, pretending to look busy and trying my best not to touch anything and accidentally blow up the LHC.
In other news, I got a care package from my parents the other day, filled with all kinds of things I miss from American stores. In the heavy box: Two tubs of natural peanut butter, two boxes of my favorite cereal, Kashi Go Lean Crunch, a bunch of fashion magazines (English-language magazines cost about 14 francs here), and a box of instant couscous among other goodies.
I sent them a box of Swiss chocolate Easter bunnies, but I’m afraid they might not get it until the holiday is over.

1 comment:

LeahC said...

the control room looks very awesome. I like how they put you two in there to diverse it up a bit :-) excellent!